Monday, July 25, 2016

I Miss You Penguin

Hello!

I wanted to hop in here quickly and share a fun little card I made last week to send in a package I was mailing my longtime friend who moved to a different part of the state. I rarely see her anymore and job changes make it harder for us to "chat" (which for us means texting and giggling until the wee hours of the night. :D)

I used the Freshly Made Sketch and one of the Birdie Brown penguins I had pre-colored weeks ago for my inspiration.


 
 
 
 
 I used MFT's TagBuilder 4 to die cut my tag and the Birdie Brown stamp and die set Penguins in Paradise. The Tim Holtz sun stencil with Pineapple dye ink and Lawn Fawn twine around the tag top. Very fun to layer up and create this one!
 
 
 
I am also playing along with 613 Avenue Create Create Your Own Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Things With Wings. (I had to verify that penguins did, in fact, have wings. Ha! I felt kinda stupid to tell truth.)
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

For 613 challenge I used the following from Columns 1-5:
1. Image - stamped
2. Die cut
3. Stencil
4. Faux stitching (on the tag - both patterned pieces have it)
5. Bakers twine


Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Please come back again soon! :)

God Bless,
Mandy
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great card, so fun and I love those penguins Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week, what a super tag you have created here, love the cute penguin and sun-ray background.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that charming image with the brightly colored tags and the sun rays in the background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww this is just the sweetest! love all the elements on it :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts