Saturday, July 23, 2016

ABC Christmas - O is for "Overlay"

Hello!

I'm popping in quickly this morning to share my card for the latest ABC Christmas Challenge. :)
 'O' for Overlay
there are many ways you can use an overlay on cards, you can use acetate, vellum or you could even choose paper or card which needs to be lifted before you can see what is underneath. We will be looking froward to seeing what you choose to use!

The sponsor of this challenge is

Winner will receive two free digis of their choice
from Wendy’s Etsy shop

Hi I am Wendy Burns I live in Nottingham UK with my husband and two children who have been the inspiration behind the characters, in particular my daughter who has kept me up-to-date with blogging and trends. I work predominantly within the textile children’s wear market, fashion and interiors.
I trained as a textile designer and although my work is digital based, I love to retain that hand drawn /sewn feel which I hope comes across in my artwork.
Digital stamps is a new challenge for me and the opportunity to work with the All Dressed Up Team and has been very exciting, in particular the creative way my characters have been given individual personalities by the designers .
All Dressed Up is a newly launched blog with an enthusiastic team who are passionate about stamping.  The coordinators Marilyn and Tracy along with an amazing design team are also known as The Dressy Girls.
We have a friendly Facebook page, regular blog posts, tutorials, challenges and freebies. The stamps can be purchased from the Etsy shop which is updated on a monthly basis. We really are friendly bunch and would love to see your creations so please feel free to contact us and visit the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog.



I used one of my favorite combinations of vellum diecut with my MFT Jumbo Polka Dot cover plate and layered it over an adorable CTMH patterned paper.




The patterned papers are from the Snowhaven kit from Close To My Heart. (SO pretty -- I've been hoarding it for almost 2 years I think.) I die cut a circle of PTI Rustic White using MFT Stitched Circle STAX and then stamped (Red Versa Fine ink) and clear embossed an older PTI stamp set. Everything is layered over a light blue card base, coordinating from the same paper kit. Super fun and easy to make! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit and do please come back again soon! 

God Bless,
Mandy



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts