Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges - Week 1

This is my second post of the day. To see my post for Addicted To Stamps Challenge #115, click here.

Hello!

I have some fun news - I'm joining the Design Team over at Christmas Card Challenges! I'm super excited. Christmas cards are my favorite to make and I don't seem get tired of them. I've enjoyed playing along with this challenge blog for quite some time and I'm thrilled to join in as an "official" member.

We're starting over with a new year of making cards for Christmas. Working on them all year long will help with the stress of Christmas holiday mayhem. I, for one, get myself in a pickle every year somehow, no matter how much I promise myself I won't let it happen again. :)

Here is the inspiration for our first challenge:



I played around again with my Birdie Brown Jingle All the Way stamp set.

 
My paper strip is from Lawn Fawn's Snow Day 6x6 pad and the Black (glitter) Shimmer Tape is CTMH. I used a masking technique I saw on this blog and used MFT's Stiched Jumbo Fishtail Flag die cut to create my mask. I stamped "believe" from Paper Smooches Christmas Sampler over the mask. And then lightly sponged PTI Simply Chartreuse ink.
 
 
 
This design was inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches; I just flipped it upside down.
 
I'm also playing along with Curtain Call Inspiration.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Please do so again soon. :)
 
And, please come on over and play along at Christmas Card Challenges!
 
 
 
 
 
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
Romans 8:28  NKJV  (New King James Version)
      "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
 
 




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. So neat the way you created the mask on your card. Love the look. Welcome to Christmas Card Challenges.
    {Hugs}
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love that Santa, and I love how you've used the red dsp and black strip to mimic Santa's clothes. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you stamped the sentiment..so fun! He sure is a cute jolly Santa!

    Have a great day Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you stamped the sentiment..so fun! He sure is a cute jolly Santa!

    Have a great day Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little Santa! I like the fishtail mask idea and your clean layout

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts