Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ice Cream Fun using Challenge inspiration

Hello! I'm popping in on a Saturday while the kids play hide-and-seek in the house with the neighbor playmates (ha! -- it's still too cold to play outside. Yikes!). I've got kale chips going in the oven and some good music blasting on my little kitchen TV. A good productive afternoon. :)

I wanted to share a card I made earlier this week using the lovely Colour Q colors for the week. It's been so long since I've played along! Booo.



I used my new Paper Smooches Sugar Rush stamp set (thank you Christmas gift cards!) - I think all the "sweet" images are so fun. I need to get my patootie up there and ink up some more, but my mojo is waning and I've officially declared January my Hibernation/Recovery month! I've been reading my books like nobody's business. I've read two novels in the past 3 days. Giggle. 8-)  Thankfully, Big Daddy doesn't read my blog. He would be agog. He already thinks my nerd qualities are through the roof. (Plus I feel bad because he does have to get up really early and work really hard. Of course, he doesn't have to worry about mental instability from being on kid duty 24/7 - so I figure it balances out in the end. ;)  )  Shhhhh....our little secret!

On to my card! ----

 
I used patterned papers from various pads to find the colors from the inspiration photo and pieced my triple scoop cone together. It's all layered up on foam tape for extra dimension and has a little bit of handshading underneath to ground it. I  added some little banners from scraps to the top and stitched them down because my sewing machine was still out on my desk and I took advantage of it. After stamping the sentiment, I added a little silver bling from a CTMH embellie set.
 
I'm also playing along with a few more challenges:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Crazy 4 Challenges  --    "use the first thing you think of on your card" -- sewing machine

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  -- use Something new on your card -- new stamp set


Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

God Bless and Happy New Year,
Mandy Pin It

9 comments:

  1. A triple scoop for triple the fun! Love this! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the paper-piecing that you did, Many! the stitched details are just lovely with the ice cream cone! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge! And thank you for stopping by my blog, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly cute, awesomely done!! Paper piecing is excellent and the touches of bling perfect and last but not least your colors look so great!! I think you scored here with this one!! I am just so impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy paper-pieced triple scoop. Love it. Great use of the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love paper piecing and this ice cream cone looks great! Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute Mandy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Mandy - love the design and images. Great card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too darn cute...love your sweet ice cream cone. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, Mandy, love those ice cream cones! So happy to see you at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts