Sunday, November 16, 2014

Retro Sketches #141 - Beginning Christmas

Hello and happy pre-winter! Yikes!

Just last week I had to mow the lawn again - not even kidding. Green as a gourd here and looking great. While we can normally expect temps in the 50s and 60s this time of year in TN we are in the 30s and 40s with lows in the 20s overnight. Wow. We even have forecasts of snow for overnight/early morning. My kids are OVER. THE. MOON. They plan to do the full snow dance routine tonight! --- sleeping with pajamas inside out, flushing ice cubes down the toilet, and sleeping with a spoon under their pillows. Ha ha! My daughter was behind me earlier watching the weather on the local news and shouting "Yes!" every time they mentioned the expected issues during morning commute tomorrow. :) Since Big Daddy has to be at work by 6am, I'm not so sure he will be feeling the same way if it all actually happens like predicted. (Which is rare, BTW.)

On to my card! Since it's totally ugly here and been a cold rain all day long, we came right home after lunch and I went straight to my sweats and fuzzy slippers and up to my crafty space! I've started the Christmas card parade and even made several, several tags this week. I don't know yet if all of these will turn into gifts or I will use them myself, but I so love making them - Christmas projects are my all-time favorite!

I played along with this sketch from over at Retro Sketches:

 
Here is my card using Avery Elle's Winter Wreath stamp set and My Mind's Eye Christmas patterned papers:
 
 
I stamped the pinecones and branches from the set using the "rock and roll" inking method for some of the cones on my Chocolate ink pad. I drew the "stitching" around the accent panel and layered it all up onto a plain white card base. Easy as pie!
 
I made this card as part of a little "set" that I coordinated together this afternoon. I used the same stamp set and paper pad for each card to keep them feeling cohesive while using different layouts, etc. for each one.....



 
(Apologies the photos aren't better. It was so dark this afternoon, I didn't have enough natural light to get good shots. I've got to figure out the artificial light thing. Yuck.)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts