Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Paper Smooches - Rustic Snowman

Hello!

Hope all is well out there in bloggy land. I know parts of the country are smothering in snow right now. Bless their hearts! We actually had a warm-up here in TN, with temps close to (if not there or above) 50 degrees today! It was really windy and that was uncomfortable, but I was able to run around all day and take care of errands. It was so nice to get that out of the way. Especially since I want to spend the rest of the week playing in my crafty space with new goodies that came in the mail today! Hee hee! I'm sure I'll be good and be taken over by my "chores" and "duties" around here and with the kiddos. (Those kids like to eat, like, everyday! What in the world?!) :)  But it's still nice to spend a few hours tonight fooling myself into thinking that I'll get my crafty groove on and whip up wonderful things I haven't even imagined yet. I even have "fabric-y" projects on the brain right now. I've got to gussy up and pull my sewing machine out and actually do it! :)

Tonight, I managed to whip up a quick card playing with my new PaperSmooches set, Freezy Fellas. Whoohoo! I love it! I'm playing along with Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge -- Anything Goes.



Here is my rustic little snowman (I can't get enough of wood patterned paper):

 
 
I first embossed the sweet little snowman using White Hero Arts embossing powder. I then stamped the scarf, hat, ribbon for hat, and nose on patterned paper using similar ink colors, trimmed and glued them down using a glue pen. I then added the strips of Silver Shimmer Trim (CTMH) to the bottom of the card for the ground. I heat embossed the sentiment in white and stamped the heart on scrap paper, trimmed and glued it down. After I adhered the panel to the card base, I added a black twine bow (PTI). The wood patterned paper is from Record It Pretty Things 6x6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye. I'm pretty sure that was my last piece of that paper. Sniffle. I used the other piece for this card which was published in October's issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love this card THIS MUCH!!!!! Arms really open wide to stretch as far as possible - so stinking cute the way you paper pieced and brought this snowman to life!! You are incredibly crafty and I love seeing your work!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts