Thursday, May 15, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #3 -- Stitching

Hello - I'm back with my second post today! Granted it's taking me hours to put up a post because I'm catching up on my DVR on this rainy, sick-with-a-cold day! But, it's a good way to spend a day. =)

This card I made earlier this week for Virginia's View Stitching Challenge. But it was mostly just self-indulgent for me because, thanks to my sister, I now have a sewing machine and I love to play with it. I've wanted one forever but always been intimidated, but with her help I find I really like it. She even coached me through making two pillows one weekend! I was ecstatic. ;)

Here is my card:

Honestly, I just played around with stitching papers down. I wasn't even totally sure where I was going with this until I just started plopping stuff down. It was fun!




 
I used paper scraps from one of my favorite 6x6 pads, Crate Papers DIY Shop. I trimmed banners and stitched them down on the larger paper strips. Then stitched both pieces to the card base. I trimmed a scalloped circle using my CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge  and stamped the sentiment from PTI's Communique Curves Sentiments mini stamp set (masking to make it fit on the circle). It's popped up on foam tape and I added the enamel dots for color. I used CTMH's Slate ink and True To Life stamp set. (so versatile!) I liked my little "eclectic" turn out. It's out of my normal style and so much fun. I have fun switching things up a bit! =)
 
Thank you for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love love your scrappy style card here, Mandy. Stitching is a perfect way to group up the images! Your sewing machine is perfectly in time for the challenge! So glad that you play Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts