Saturday, May 10, 2014

MFW: Handwriting & Retro Sketches #114

Hello --

Two posts tonight for me. We are sitting outside enjoying the peaceful night air (and sounds of kids squeals and playing around us, of course). We are all smiles here because one of our kitty cats that took a walk with us last night and seemingly didn't return just came back home. :) My daughter came running and screaming through the house toting that big, huge tomcat. And he just hung there - happy to see her, too. :)

I played in my crafty space today! Yay! I've been on a self-imposed-but-couldn't-help-it sabbatical from playing along with challenges. I've spent time crafting, but only out of necessity for gifts and special occasions, not for "just for fun". It's quite satisfying (Sometimes even more so, because I know I have a use for it, rather than letting it pile up in my room like all of the other projects do.), but it makes me seem like I've fallen off the face of our blog-land.


I LOVE the Retro Sketch challenge this week:

Moxie Fab World
 

I've been staring at some new stamps left out on my desk all week and worked them into this card. I really like how it turned out -- perfect for the MFW Handwriting challenge.

 
Honestly, I just made this card with scraps laying around on my desk! It was my first card of the afternoon and I was struggling with mojo issues, but determined to create something. I picked up the stamp set on my desk and started stamping. You can't really tell in this picture, but a swirled bracket frame is stamped in Latte pigment ink (Amuse Studios) over the chevron background. It's really not pertinent to the stamps design, but I had to start doing something. Ha! The "sweet" and "Lovely" are from the same stamp set (CTMH Artbooking collection) and the y,o,u are stamped from CTMH's Hopscotch alphabet. It's so cute and perfect for the handwritten look. I used PTI's Rasberry Fizz ink and cardstock strip and Simply Chartreuse ink and cardstock strip. The Gray Wool panel is from CTMH.
 
Thank you for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This card is lovely!! Like the colors and the sentiment!! Taunya Butler at daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts