Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MFW - Happy for Hexagons - Revisited

Hello again!

I hope everyone is warm and cozy, snuggly in their homes. As much as possible, anyway. We are off again on another Snow Day. I even have volunteer time at the church house; The Piglets will have to go with me. One is excited about it, I expect a fight from the other one. LOL. Nothing new there. But I don't want to cancel on them at last minute, if it can be helped.

I got wild and crazy and made 2 cards for the MFW Hexagon challenge. I just so happen to have ordered a new Fiskars Hexagon squeeze punch prior to this challenge -- so it was the perfect excuse to use it. I really like it. I used scraps from several pieces from a Crate Paper 6x6 pad, DIY Shop. I distressed the edges to go with the feel of the papers and splattered Black CTMH reinker over my card base prior to attaching the hexagons and stitching them down. The sentiment and leaf/brach are from Avery Elle's Laurels. I added a button with burlap twine and Foundry Pin and black jewel from CTMH.



Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! 

God Bless, 
Mandy



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. So cute! love the stitched hexagons. congrats on the Moxie shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulously done card!! Love the stitching over the hexagons and all the attention to details!! Very well done. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts