Thursday, February 27, 2014

Moxie Fab World - Happy for Hexagons

Hello!

I was motivated to play along with the Moxie Fab World's February challenge, Happy for Hexagons. Since I've seriously lacked motivation lately, this was exciting to me. The bad part is I made this card (and started another) more than a week ago, but I've lacked the "mojo" to even share it here! I'm trying my best to get myself going again. Why - I'm even going to get wild and crazy and take care of some laundry this morning. :)

I do love hexagons. A lot of the new trends that pop up take a while to grow on me. I'm just not that "with it", but the hexagons spoke to me early on.

This card was fun and I just started playing around with my new Fiskars Hexagon squeeze punch. After I got it, I was asking myself why I didn't get one a long time ago! I had a stamp set, but loved the look of the patterned paper hexagons, too (maybe more).

For this card, I used a negative from a punched hexagon and sponge inked the pattern using masculine colors. I've needed more masculine cards lately, particularly "Thinking of You" cards.

 
I used CTMH ink colors Indian Corn Blue, Cashmere, and Olive. I splashed CTMH Black reinker using a small paint brush and heat embossed the sentiment (Simon Says Stamp On the Edge stamp set) using Recollections Snow Ultra Fine embossing powder. Some enamel dots from my collection and a stamped "stitched" border (CTMH Simple Stitches) at the top finished it off.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!
 
God Bless,
Mandy
Pin It

1 comment:

Popular Posts