Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Monday Mood Board #24

I was able to grab some crafty time this past weekend after returning from our travels. And, oh my stars and three little chickens, I may be super crafty all winter as I think I'm about ready to hibernate! (I should get through a lot of reading, as well.) We are having weird weather here in TN and it is GLOOMY as all get-out. Yikes. I am dragging my can and everything else I own. I'm totally blaming it on the clouds. I just don't fare well with all the seasonal gloom and doom -- I need the sun!

Here is the inspiration photo from WPlus9's Monday Mood Board. I loved it so much I just had to join in.

 
I let the flowers inspire me to pick up the floral paper from my Basic Grey 6x6 pad of 25th and Pine. I have loved that pattern and been hoarding it for something special. I love how it all turned out to be kind of "Victorian" with my little carolers and that floral print. I also added some Desert Sand ink using a sponge for distressing.
 
 
 
Isn't that paper yummy?  8-)   [That's my nerd smiley face.] I cut a circle tag similar to the photo, because I liked that change. I usually opt for the traditional shaped tags. I stamped the carolers in Hollyhock ink to go along with the pink flowers in the paper. The sentiment is stamped using Outdoor Denim ink matching the paper as well. It was a little plain, so I added strips of my new CTMH Sparkle & Shine Washi Tape. I just stick it on all my projects willy-nilly these days. Ha! It's out on my desk and right there -- it's hard to ignore -- I can't help it!
 
Even with the ink distressing on the tag, it was lacking a little something. So I took a new embossing folder that was laying on my desk (See the pattern in my craftiness? See it - stick it on a project.) and sponged ink onto the raised side of the folder, then pressed my paper against it to very lightly stamp the background pattern onto my tag. I REALLY liked the effect - it wasn't as prominent as it would have been had that thick PTI cardstock been embossed.
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit! 
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts