Sunday, December 15, 2013

Colour Q #219 and PS - Anything Goes

A frosty hello. BRRRR. It's cold here today -- supposed to warm up to the 60s by late this week and I, for one, can not wait. Although I will trade any of it for sunshine. Yeesh. Just one glance out the window makes me want to sleep! Hee hee.

I was so busy and rushed last week, running errands what felt like all day every day! (It drives me crazy sometimes. I know it's Christmas making it worse than normal.)

Yesterday I made this card for my uncle. I based it off of one I'd made before and loved, but I wanted to go with more masculine colors. It's hard to imagine my big, gruff (Favorite) uncle opening a card with pink lace ribbon on it. Ha. Although, I might have got a kick out of that. :) (We love to aggravate in this family.)

I went with the Colour Q colors for inspiration.



I am also linking up to this week's Paper Smooches Anything Goes SPARKS challenge since I used my Cyber Café stamp set. (Uncle is a coffee lover, too.)


Here is my quick little card:
 
I layered a piece of Olive DP from my CTMH Victory kit (love this set and I'm still hoarding pieces of it!) I stamped the coffee mugs on DP from a Glitz Designs Sunshine In My Soul 6x6 pad, trimmed them out and layered on with foam tape. I did stamp the plates and steam prior to taping down the mugs. The sentiment from Sentiment Sampler was stamped on each mug (masking) prior to taping, as well. I rounded a corner and tied on the brown twine before I taped the cardstock panel onto the card base. -- just a fun little card!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Makes me feel warm and cosy just looking at this Mandy - fab use of the colours this week...hope it warms up soon. Thanks for playing along with Colour Q again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful get well card, I love the sentiment! thanks for joining us at eh colourQ this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts