Saturday, November 16, 2013

Paper Smooches and Stripes

Hello there!

I'm popping in tonight to share a couple of cards I made recently inspired by the Paper Smooches SPARKS stripes challenge. I had a busy week that week and never found the time to share them. So, I'm a day late and a dollar short - but better late than never, right?

Here is the inspiration photo:

The challenge was to use stripes anywhere on your project.

For my first card, I wanted to make a "Christmas Tree" form of coffee mugs, from my Cyber Café set. I selected papers from my 6x6 pad of Basic Grey's 25th & Pine and a one or two from CTMH's Mistletoe. I stamped and trimmed each mug then layered them on Colonial White Cardstock.

 
I used a Simon Says Stamp banner die and the sentiment from Sentiment Sampler stamp set. The larger mugs on the bottom were solid (silhouette) stamps, but to keep my look uniform and all stripey, I stamped them on the back of my patterned paper. After trimming, I flipped them over and outlined the images with a Black Zig pen to make these mugs match my others. It also was a bonus that it made all the mugs turn the same direction (handle on the same side). I'm pretty particular like that. I really wanted to have steam coming from each cup to go along with my "warm thoughts" sentiment, but it was just too much. Couldn't get it to look right. Darn it!
 
My second card is one of my favorites. I have a cute stripey mug and fun colors. I think the colors are my favorite part. It looks so fun and cheerful and feminine.
 
 
 
I love how the lace softened the whole piece. It's just a fun little contrast, I think.
 
 
Thanks for visiting and taking a look! 
 
 
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts