Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving with Colour Q combo

The last couple of days I've been bound and determined to get back into my crafty space for some quality time. After a few frustrating days with an injured mojo, I've been ready to ink up my stamps and cut up some paper. It's nice to finally have it back and I plan to take full advantage.

I jumped on the Colour Q colors today after having a few ideas last night. (I like to drum up ideas when I'm trying to fall asleep.) The trick is to remember what I dreamed up once I actually make it to my desk.

I used CTMH colors of Barn Red, Sunset, Vineyard Berry, and Sunflower.
 
I used the current Runway Inspired Challenge - it helped me with my late-night planning stage. (NERD ALERT)
 
 
I lerve the stripes. (For a card -- I could NEVER pull off a dress like this. .... Horizontal stripes with these hips?! GASP)
 
 
I used the fun little bar stamp from my Live Love Life PTI set. I alternated my colors and the placement of the image on a smaller panel, trimmed it, and framed it with hand-drawn stitching once it was taped down. To stick with my Thanskgiving theme, I added a die-cut leaf rather than flowers. (If I were going to make this again for a birthday or get well, etc, I would use sweet little matching flowers.) I added a strip of vellum and my sentiment from CTMH's Perfect Fit-Thanksgiving stamp set -- one of my favorite new sets this season! I finished it all off with a twine bow from The Twinery. Voila! Easy Peasy. .... It doesn't look like I fooled with it all morning, does it?  And the episode of Castle I was watching had absolutely nothing to do with that. Really.
 
I am also entering my creation in this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge -- theme is Thanks/Thanksgiving.
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love all of the stamping you did here, Mandy, lovely color arrangement! Glad you joined us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks absolutely fabulous! I love the stamping and the pretty colors! The twine is very bright and it looks great! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on the inspiration. I adore the fall theme that you chose and the use of elements is SUPERB! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stripes look so striking against the white and I love the faux stitching pulling it all together. I don't think anyone would look good in that skirt - unless they are a supermodel. That rules me out then..lol. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q again Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful...love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty card. Love those interesting stripes and your use of vellum. Thanks so much for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card, a lovely design and stunning, autumnal colours. I love your sentiment on vellum and great leaf and details!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts