Thursday, October 17, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #49

This year Mommy Dearest wants to send out Thanksgiving cards for the holiday season, rather than Christmas. (I think it's partly because she loves the fall color scheme! If it's orange and/or brown - she's there like swimwear!)  :)

So, it has given me a good excuse to find some new Thanksgiving related stamps and play around with these colors for some of my blog challenge fun. I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I've made a couple for her stash so far that I liked ok. Nothing that really blew my skirt up. But I'm loving this one I made based on this week's CAS(E) this Sketch.

 

 
 
I couldn't get totally happy with the coloring in my photo. That aspect of my hobby needs more homework, but I will get there someday. And, after I finished my card and looked back at the sketch I realized I layered my elements going the opposite direction, but oh well. I think it works.
 
I used my new CTMH Perfect Fit - Thanksgiving stamp set (which is my new favorite). I made the card base from Brown Bag cardstock and that same color ink is used on the turkey and sentiments. The burlap strip is also CTMH and I used Cashmere colored ink on the circle labels. It seemed to match up pretty well. The Colonial White accent panel was embossed using my PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate and matted in a burnt orange piece of cardstock before adhering to the base. I added the sweet little Mocha Pearls at the very end, when it seemed like "something" was missing.
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit! =)
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts