Monday, November 12, 2012

CAS(E) this Sketch! #5

I'm excited to have found another Sketch challenge blog. And, I love working toward the more CAS designs so this is fun for me.

I have a brief post for this week's entry. I've already given away one set of Christmas cards for a birthday gift this week and have one more to go. :) This card was made to go with the second set.



 
 
Originally, I had an image I intended to use in place of the three scalloped edges. But after stamping it, coloring it, and trimming it (that's right ALL THREE steps were complete), I just didn't like how it turned out. I knocked it down and use the sentiment there instead. I used 3 mini-adhesive pearls to give homage to the 3 scallops, but without busying it up. I also intended to only use the red paper strip, but really loved having that pop of green stick out. I love this pattern and plan to repeat it in the future. It's quick and easy but with a lot of "zazz" -- Sheldon Cooper fans --> "It's ZAZZY!".
 
Thanks for visiting my blog -- please check out the amazing entries and DT work over at CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge blog. 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Mandy, love the simplicity! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect CAS Christmas card and so perfect for the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts