Sunday, October 28, 2012

Color Throwdown #215

Hello again -

I'm still posting!

Color Throwdown colors this week were quite similar to Colour Qs, but I wanted to give them a whirl with something Non-Halloween, (always a struggle for me!)  We have several family birthdays coming up in November, so I decided I'd better get moving on a few birthday cards.





Since I don't own many purpley colors in my stash, I used CTMH's Gypsy. I use it alot, but still don't really buy much purple! I'm not sure why - I probably should rectify that sometime soon.





 

 
 
I filled my CTMH Spray Pen with water and several drops of black reinker. After attaching stars I had stamped and cut out of cardstock, I sprayed a few mists over the white card base and over the masked stars. The stars are from the Lucky workshop kit from a few years back. (I don't want to know how many!)
 
I then stamped the stars again in the desired colors and attached them over the white masked areas with 3-D Foam Tape. (after removing the masks) 
 
I stamped my sentiment from Skipping Stones Design's Grunge set and affixed the black gems randomly.
 
Thanks for visiting! Don't forget to visit Color Throwdown's blog for plenty of inspiring artwork and ideas! 
 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Great clean and simple birthday card! Love how you used these colors for something non-Halloween. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous CAS design...I sooo love all the stars!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts