Sunday, October 28, 2012

CASE Study #114

Three down - one more to go!

....on my way to finishing the challenge marathon. :) Sometimes, it's better to just sit down and knock it all out at once. The kids are playing quietly behind me, so I'm tackling it now while I can. (I'm sure no one else has to worry about such timing magic!)

My first CASE Study challenge in a while. This one was great fun for me because it actually inspired me to pull out my felt. I'm surprised I even remembered where it was. Once I got it out, it was like Christmas -- "I didn't know all of this was in here!" Yikes. Both exciting and sad. But, positive that I'm continuing on my personal journey to "use my stash and get results"! (And, yes, I've been totally cheating and eBaying some stuff - too impatient and wanting to buy new goodies!)

If you're noticing a pattern and getting the vibe that I get as excited about hoarding the goodies as I am about using the goodies, you would be 100% correct. I am a self-diagnosed "papercrafting goodie hoarder". Those closest to me have learned to laugh about it and shake their head. I have more stuff than I can use, yet I'll still have trouble cutting into a new pack of CTMH paper ("But it's too pretty to cut!") or attaching an adorable new embellishment ("but what if I need that later, for a REALLY special project?") .. but alas, I am working on it!

And case in point, as seen below, you get results when you actually use what your hard earned money has purchased! This card is one of my favorites and I've decided it will be perfect for my great aunt. It's time to send her more pictures of my kiddos. She keeps up with all of them and knows what's going on -- on top of having scads of her own grandchildren. Since she's 3 hours away, I don't get to visit as often as I like so she gets homemade cards with pictures.

Here is the inspiration piece from the CASE study challenge:



And here is my card using that "newly discovered" felt:



 
 
All products are CTMH with the exception of the Kraft Cardstock (PaperTrey Ink) and the stamped sentiment (Skipping Stones Design).
 
Thanks for visiting -- don't forget to say "hello" over at the CASE Study Challenge blog.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. VEry clever card, I am loving the different textures you have used here. Wonderful stuff! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASE Study

    ReplyDelete
  2. what precious little felt bits! I'm so glad you started using it! Thanks for joining us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely texture, the burlap looks fab! Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts