Sunday, September 11, 2011

Moxie Fab World - Square Challenge

I know, I know. Don't flip out. Multiple blog postings in one night (after WEEKS of cyber-silence)!

I was a crafting fool this weekend! What can I say? The challenges over at Moxie Fab really inspired me. I have recently purchased 2 of the PaperCrafts Special Issues: Card Ideas for the PaperCrafters   and   Stamp It! Cards Volume 8 . Both of these issues have been inspiring. (Which is really good b/c that is why I spent discretionary income on them!) So...money well spent. Always a good feeling. Thank you very much.

When I found some of the same sketches from Card Ideas listed as challenges on Moxie Fab, I couldn't resist the urge to play along! It was fun to use some of the sketches from the issue, rather than just bookmark them and tell myself I would use the sketches. (Eye-roll;   it's ALL the time. I do it all the time!)

The square challenge worked out perfectly for a card I needed this weekend for local firemen in our community. Some of the wonderful women in our neighborhood wanted to gather up pies to take to our area fire dept. in honor of 9/11. I had to join in; I loved the idea. (Having always wanted to do this where I lived before, but always chickening out!)  I decided to make a card of thanks and sign from our neighborhoodl to take with the goodies and treats.

Here is the sketch that spoke to me:



And my patriotic thank you card using this sketch:

I embossed in White Daisy on Outdoor Denim cardstock to get the large star which was the springboard for the card. The exploding stars from the fireworks behind the star are stamped in cranberry and I liked the extra punch they gave the big star. The sentiment and button are both in outdoor denim, as well. And the craft, textured die-cut heart is from the new "Milepost Shapes" that CTMH offers. Honestly, I keep that set on top of my desk and stick one on all my projects lately! They can be inked to any color you like, but I love the natural, craft look. (Be sure to check them out and order a set if you haven't already! They are quite versatile!) 
Don't forget to look at the fabulous artwork on the Moxie Fab blog site for this challenge.   TFL!! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mandy! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts